Hello my name is Ross, I am an acupuncturist and Chi Kung practitioner. I have been fascinated with the energy arts for a long time. My journey began with martial arts back in the UK, which very quickly inspired me to dive deeper into the healing arts of Shaolin Cosmos Chi Kung. This led me to study in China, Taiwan and eventually Australia. Through the years, I have refined my skillset into a beautiful combination of Classical Japanese Acupuncture and Moxibustion, Tui Na massage, and energy (Qi) healing.
Classical Japanese Acupuncture has a holistic approach treating the entire body as an integrated system, rather than specific localised treatments. The aim of Japanese acupuncture is to affect Qi and blood flow within the body. The rebalancing of energy strengthens the immune system, improves blood flow and organ function and improves overall health.
Japanese Acupuncture uses finer needles for the most part and a lot of moxibustion (heat therapy). Massage, cupping, scraping and other techniques are also used depending on the patient’s condition.
Acupuncture can be used to treat a wide range of conditions including:
- Muscular conditions – back pain, frozen shoulder, tennis/golfers elbow, neck pain, osteoarthritis.
- Psychological conditions – stress, anxiety, depression, addictions.
- Women’s conditions – irregular or painful menstruation, fertility, pregnancy care, PCOS, endometriosis.
- Respiratory conditions – asthma, sore throat, influenza, sinusitis, coughs and colds.
- Digestive complaints – constipation, diarrhoea, ulcers, haemorrhoids, weight control.
- Skin conditions – acne, scar tissue, eczema, herpes zoster, psoriasis.
- Sports injuries – sprains and strains, torn muscles and ligaments, cartilage problems, bruising.